lanya Castle is the only Seljuk castle that has been preserved until the present day. The Alanya shipyard, surrounded by the sea on three sides behind the castle was restored in 1955 is a solid construction that has also been preserved until the present day. In 1255, the Roman fort was built during the Anatolian Seljuk Sultan Alaeddin Keykubat period. The castle was taken over by the Ottomans in 1471. The castle is protected by triple walls, with 83 towers and 140 bastions.
Aya Yorgi Church is located in the castle, known as Aya Yorgi, thought to have been made in the little church of the Byzantine Period. As time increases, the importance of religion in the diocese has grown and been noted. Akşabe, a little bit ahead of the mosque of Sultan Mosque and Mausoleum castle and in 1230, this mosque was built for the Sultan Akşabe and has beautiful architecture. Recently repaired the mosque is made of cut stone.
Sultan Keykubat, after he conquered Alanya in 1221 to ensure security of the harbor ordered the construction of a building. Red Tower was the name with the lower and upper parts constructed of reddish stones. Even today, the 5 storey octagonal tower is standing and very solid, with the cut stones at the bottom of the structure to be brought from east Dim Strait, according to the inscription was completed in 1226. The ground floor now serves as an ethnographic museum.
Two years later, in 1228, the eastern section of Alanya Castle was built by Sultan Keykubat. Here the construction of boats were carried out, with many being used in wars.
To the east of the district centre, and at the borders of present-day villages of Kargicak and Seki situated on a hill lies Syedra. Previously an established part of the city centre, inscriptions of Marcus Aurelius and Antony have been found in the region, along with land located within the walls known as Roman ruins. Looking from the west of the church and the ruins, can be seen the beautiful landscape of Alanya Castle. The right and left side of the street are columns for various purposes, historic monuments and mosaics also visible. Three swimming pools in the city were probably used as a water tank.
This was discovered In 1948, initially by firing dynamite and as a quarry to be used in the construction of the ferry pier. Each area is decorated with thousands of beautiful stalactites and stalagmites in this cave, and was protected immediately.
A team of doctors and chemists explored the cave and was found to be beneficial in terms of health, and particularly found to be good for asthma. For the first time, a semi-crystalline limestone cave located in the Permian era. As a result of the investigations in the cave, 10-15 thousand per year is estimated to occur. Plenty of water containing carbonic gas, due to the falling rain, and the like, dissolves limestone and chalk and creates gaps. Melted droplets froze and grew, while within the large gaps droplets hang down. Freezing takes place in the area when they drop from the bottom up and top-down stalactites, stalagmites have occurred.
12 km from the district center. within the boundaries of the town of Keszthely, to the east of Alanya, on the slope of Jabal-i Reis Mountain, there is a large west-facing mouth of the cave. In addition to the cave, stalactites and stalagmites are found at the bottom of a lake. To date, approximately 88000 visitors, both domestic and tourists, visit Dim cave every year.